- Get as close to the whales, puffins and wildlife as possible without disturbing them.
- Our custom made RIB boats are fast and can cover a bigger search area than the classic whale watching boats.
- Only 12 people per boat with expert whale guide and RIB boat captain.
- Less time then the “Classic Whale Watching tour”, only 2 hours from harbour to harbour.
- “Whale Guarantee”, If we are unlucky and can’t seem to find and whales you can try again for free on the classic tour.
- See Reykjavik City and the Harpa Concert Hall from the sea.
Location of starting point: Whale Safari ticket office at Ægisgarður in the Old Reykjavík Harbour. You can’t miss it.
Duration of trip: 2 hours.
Hotel pick up: Hotel pick ups start 45 minutes before your chosen departure time. Please be ready to leave from your hotel reception or if you are staying in a home, outside.
Departure times and dates:
- From the 15th of April to the 31st of May and 1st of September to the 30th of September two departures a day at 10:00 and 14:00.
- From the 1st of June to the 31st of June four departures a day at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00.
- From the 1st of July to the 31st of August seven departures a day at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 and 20:00.
- From 1st of October to the 31st of October at 10:00.
Availability: Check the calendar and online booking window above. We recommend booking this tour in advance, as it sells our frequently.
Minimum: No minimum number of participants for departures.
Age limit: 10 Years or 145 cm height.
Bring with you: Dress warmly for our northern ocean, so if you have it, bring warm outdoor clothing like a wool or fleece sweater, some warm headgear and gloves. Sturdy shoes are recommended.**
- This tour may not be suitable for pregnant women. Consult your doctor before signing up.
- This tour may not be suitable for those with history of back problems or back injury. Consult your doctor before signing up.
- This tour may not be suitable for those over the age of 65 years.
Cancelations due to weather: We sometimes need to cancel this tour due to winds in the main whale habitat area. In such an event we will offer you three choices. The most fun one: rebook your tour at a later date with out any additional costs. The next one: if our bigger sightseeing ships are sailing (they sail in more wind then the RIB boats) we can book you there and refund you the difference. Or finally…a full refund.
* Keep in mind we are located at the Old Harbour in Reykjavík, easily within walking (0-15 min) distance from all hotels located in zip code #101 downtown Reykjavík. We encourage you to walk, for the environment and for your health
** We will supply you with a very warm overall and more gear, as well as having some sweaters to lend.